Post-Doctoral Research AssociateTree Fruit Research and Extension Center
1100 N Western Ave. Wenatchee, WA
Phone: 509-663-8181 ext. 237
- Integrated pest management of tree fruit insect pests
- Insect vectors of tree fruit diseases
- Education and outreach
- Ph.D., Entomology - University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- M.Sc., Entomology - University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
- Bixby-Brosi AJ & DA Potter. 2011. Can a chitin-synthesis-inhibiting turfgrass fungicide enhance black cutworm susceptibility to a baculovirus? Pest Management Science. (102KB pdf)
- Bixby-Brosi AJ & DA Potter. 2011. Endophyte-mediated tritrophic interactions between a grass-feeding caterpillar and two parasitoid species with different life histories. Arthropod Plant Interactions. (250KB pdf)
- Bixby-Brosi, AJ & DA Potter. 2010. Evaluating a Naturally-Occurring Baculovirus for Extended Biological Control of the Black Cutworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) in Golf Course Habitats. J. Economic Entomology. 103: 1555-1563.
- Bixby, AJ & DA Potter. 2010. Influence of endophyte (Neotyphodium lolii) infection of perennial ryegrass on susceptibility of the black cutworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) to a baculovirus. Biological Control. 54: 141-146.
- Bixby, AJ, SR Alm, K. Power, P. Grewal, and S. Swier. 2007. Susceptibility of four species of turfgrass-infesting scarabs (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) to Bacillus thuringiensis Serovar japonensis Strain Buibui. J. Economic Entomology. 100: 1604-1610.
- Hoashi-Erhardt, W., AJ Bixby-Brosi. 2014. Spotted wing drosophila (SWD) management for organic producers. - Organic options for invasive pest of northwest fruits. Tilth Producers Quarterly, Tilth Producers of Washington. April, Vol. 24, 2.
- Bixby-Brosi, AJ, V Jones, et al. 2013. Natural Enemy Inventory – Knowing what’s in your orchard helps to stabilize your IPM program. The Good Fruit Grower. February 15th issue.
- Bixby, AJ & DA Potter. 2011. Evaluating a Naturally-Occurring Baculovirous for Extended Biological Control of Black Cutworms in Golf Course habitats. USGA Turfgrass and Environmental Research Online. 10(4): 1-15.
- Bixby-Brosi, AJ & DA Potter. 2011. “Beneficial and Innocuous Invertebrates in Turfgrass” In: Handbook of Turfgrass Insects. 2nd edition. Entomology Society of America, Lanham, MD. Invited book chapter, in press.